So, you love salmon and you are going through an irresistible urge to have some.
If that even remotely applies to you, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here, we’ll share with you the five best flavorful and appetizing salmon dishes and the recipes for each. No matter how many times you’ve gobbled up this beautiful fish before, you’ll love what we have here for you.
Treat Your Taste Buds with These 5 Mouthwatering Salmon Dishes
The most popular salmon courses are Salmon Jerky, Grilled Salmon, Parmesan Crusted Salmon, and the menu has a long haul list. But there’s more and you’ll get to learn about some of the most delicious ones as you go along reading this article.
So, what’s the wait? Let’s serve up the dishes!
1. Salmon Jerky (Taste of Wilderness)
This brined (soaked up by salt & water solution) fish recipe is most people’s favorite.
So, wrap the apron around your waist as we’re going to share with you the best salmon jerky recipe. Let’s get started:
First of all, bag your necessary ingredients:
- Molasses: 1 tablespoon.
- Soy sauce: a half-cup (replace with Worcestershire sauce if unavailable).
- Salmon: 1 & quarter pound (pin bones removed & skin on).
- Liquid smoke: 1 teaspoon.
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon (fresh and fragrant).
- Ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon (fresh).
Now, let’s get into the steps to prepare the salmon jerky:
- Step 1: Freeze the salmon for 50-60 minutes.
- Step 2: Put the molasses, soy sauce, liquid smoke, lemon juice, and black pepper in a pot or sealable bag. Shake the bag to blend the ingredients.
- Step 3: Take the frozen salmon out. Slice it into quarter to half-inch strips.
- Step 4: Mix the strips with the marinade: the ingredients mix. Let them marinate for 100-180 minutes.
- Step 5: Take out the marinated salmon strips to pat dry.
- Step 6: Divide and put the strips into two air filters equally.
- Step 7: Keep one filter on top of another. Then put an empty filter on the top.
- Step 8: Use a commercial dehydrator to dry them up as per instructions on the machine.
- Step 9: Once dried up, preserve them in an airtight container.
Enjoy this nicely prepared salmon jerky for the next 3-4 months.
2. Grilled Salmon (Red Hot & Smoky)
When you’ve tasted the jerky recipe, you mustn’t miss out on the grilled salmon. It’s another wildly popular dish that serves a hot and smoky taste of the salmon.
So, here’s how to make this relishing salmon dish:
- 4 salmon filets (skin-on) of half-pound each.
- Kosher salt: 2 teaspoons.
- Ground black pepper: 2 teaspoons.
- Grapeseed oil: 2 tablespoons.
- Wedges of a lemon.
Steps to grill the salmon:
- Step 1: Coat the salmon filets with the oil, and then dip them into black pepper and kosher salt for seasoning.
- Step 2: Fire up the grills from 230° to 280° celsius.
- Step 3: Clean the cooking grates and close the lid. Let it heat.
- Step 4: Now grill the salmon filets (skin side down) in the grates for 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to let them stick to the grates.
- Step 5: If you notice the filets become redder, smoky, and firm, flip sides.
- Step 6: Let the filets cook at 50°-60° celsius inside the closed lid for 2-4 minutes.
- Step 7: Pick and serve.
3. Teriyaki Salmon (Baked & Red)
That uniquely sharp sauce from Japan has its effect on the salmon dish too. So, here we’ll show you how Teriyaki Salmon can give you a baked and red treat.
Let’s prepare the dish.
- Salmon fish: 2 and a half pounds (sliced into two-inches wide pieces).
- Teriyaki sauce: 3 tablespoons.
- Soy sauce: 3 tablespoons.
- Hoisin sauce: 3 tablespoons.
- Sesame oil: 1 tablespoon.
- White vinegar: 1 tablespoon.
- Light brown sugar: one-third of a cup.
- Minced cloves from 2-3 garlic.
- Ground ginger: a half teaspoon.
Below are the how-to steps:
- Step 1: Blend the three sauces and other ingredients. Make sure the brown sugar is dissolved evenly.
- Step 2: Put the salmon slices in a mixing bowl and pour the ingredient mixture onto them.
- Step 3: Coat the slices with the mixture and wrap them with foil or plastic. Let them marinate for 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Step 4: Now bake the marinated salmon slices at 400 for 10-15 minutes as per thickness. Bake them until they’re flaky and cooked.
- Step 5: Simmer to thicken the remaining sauce ingredients and pour it onto the baked salmon.
4. Spinach & Salmon Treat (Buttery & Savory)
This buttery salmon dish will lure any foodie any day. Its aesthetic color and decoration can trigger your appetite significantly.
So, let’s see how to prepare this cuisine.
- Salmon filets (Skin-on or skin-off): 4 pieces.
- Black pepper & kosher salt.
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons.
- Salted butter: 2 tablespoons.
- Thinly sliced shallot: 1 piece.
- Minced or grated cloves of 3 garlic.
- Crushed red pepper flakes: 1/2 teaspoon.
- Heavy cream: 1 cup.
- Cubed cream cheese: 2 ounces.
- Grated parmesan cheese: 1/2 cup.
- Fresh baby spinach: 4 cups.
- Fresh juice from 1 lemon.
- Chopped fresh parsley: 2 tablespoons.
- Chopped fresh chives: 1 tablespoon (and some more for serving).
Now, let’s learn the steps:
- Step 1: Use the black pepper and salt to season the salmon filets.
- Step 2: Simmer the olive oil over medium heat.
- Step 3: Cook the salmon filets in the oil (skin side down) for 3-4 minutes.
- Step 4: Flip the sides of the filets and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Step 5: Cook the butter, garlic, and shallot for 2-3 minutes. Let the butter melt until it wafts a pleasant smell.
- Step 6: Add heavy cream, cheese, and crushed red pepper to the mix to make a saucy texture.
- Step 7: Add salt to the sauce and simmer it until it’s creamy.
- Step 8: Add spinach and parmesan. Cook the spinach well.
- Step 9: Pour the lemon juice, chives, and parsley to the content.
- Step 10: Turn off the heat. Put the cooked salmon pieces into the gravy. You may use some herb toppings before serving.
5. Salmon Pasta (Creamy Treat)
Mixing your favorite salmon with another tasty snack can make a great fusion. So, here, we’re going to share a Salmon Pasta recipe.
Treat yourself to the following preparation.
- Salmon filets: 2 pieces.
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon.
- Penne: 6 oz.
- Shallots: 2 pieces.
- 1 crushed garlic clove.
- White wine: 100ml.
- Double cream: 200ml.
- Lemon: ¼ (zested and juiced).
- Finely chopped small bunch of dill.
Steps to make the Salmon Pasta:
- Step 1: Roast the salmon filets with olive oil in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Maintain 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for the roasting process.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, boil the pasta. Keep about 100ml of the boiled pasta water.
- Step 3: Heat the oil and fry the shallot for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Fry the garlic in the oil for a minute.
- Step 5: Now, add the wine and let it simmer until it becomes half.
- Step 6: Mix cream with the content and simmer in mild heat.
- Step 7: Add the cooked salmon and pasta to the sauce. Squeeze the lemon juice into the content and add the dill.
- Step 8: Pour some remaining boiled pasta water.
- Step 9: Grind some black pepper over the texture. Add green salad as a topping before serving.
So, that’s our best five salmon dishes to satisfy your craving. What’s your thought on these delicious dishes?
Salmon is mostly loved for its taste and protein content. But you must be cautious about the amount of fat it contains.
However, different species of salmon may have diverse recipes and tastes throughout the world. Go and explore those salmon cuisines.
And if you’ve loved any of the five salmon recipes we’ve shared here, put on your chef cap and light up the kitchen.