When living comfortably in Cambodia, the residents are always torn between house and apartment rentals. Both types of living have their pros and cons to offer. However, making a choice can often be overwhelming. With the growing infrastructure of the country, property demands are also increasing.
To cover the increasing demand of the audience, the developers are establishing apartments and housing. If you are in search of the same, too, you need to connect with a reliable real estate agent in Cambodia. Professionals like IPS Cambodia are completely aware of the ins and outs of the real estate market of Cambodia. They help individuals find the perfect living option depending on their choices.
In this article, we will dive deeper into understanding what type of housing would make the right choice for you.
Apartment Living in Cambodia
Apartment living would mean living comfortably in high-rise apartments. These apartments are divided into different storeys or floors. Each floor has a specific number of flats. The flats, however, will be 1BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK, or further depending on the preferences.
Some leading real estate agents establish the apartments, and they set them up for selling. You can buy a flat in any apartment and get the perks of comfortable and luxurious living. Compared to houses, apartments usually have less space. Alternatively, for those looking to rent rather than buy, you can easily find apartments for rent in Cambodia through reliable real estate platforms such as IPS Cambodia.
Some of the major benefits of living in an apartment include the following:
- When you are living in an apartment, you wouldn’t have to worry about maintenance. A dedicated team of professionals will take care of it on your behalf.
- The apartments come with a wide range of facilities. Some major facilities include gated communities, security, CCTV cameras, and more.
- Buying an apartment is very pocket-friendly.
While there are perks, living in an apartment also has cons. These include:
- Living in an apartment reduces your chances of renovation often. This is to avoid inconveniences to the other members residing on the property.
- You get less privacy in apartments because all the flats are very adjacent to each other. In many cases, even the balconies are right next to each other.
Things to Consider
Before you start living in an apartment in Cambodia, there are some major factors to consider, such as:
- Knowing the upfront cost you will have to pay for the property is advisable.
- You must always check the reputation of the developer in the market. It is advisable to check their records as well with the older clients.
- Before you move into an apartment, you must always carefully analyse the nearby neighbourhood and locality.
- While some properties have free maintenance, some may charge you for it. Therefore, you must consider confirming the same before you move into a property.
House Rental in Cambodia
House rental would mean you can rent a property, usually a house, for a specific duration. You can negotiate with the owner about the terms and conditions of the contract. When you rent a house in Cambodia, you get to live in it as a tenant, provided you pay the rent monthly.
The agreed sum of the rent must be paid at regular intervals. The owner usually decides when the tenant must pay the house rent.
Living in a rental house comes with some major perks, like the following:
- You get complete flexibility to live where you want. You will be bound to live in a different area longer.
- There is no requirement to pay real estate taxes.
- As a tenant, you will always have access to the amenities the owner provides without paying extra for them.
You are likely to face some cons as well. These may include:
- You will not be eligible for property tax benefits when you rent a house.
- Your landlord has complete control over increasing the rent at any point they want.
- If you have a pet, you can have a tough time renting the property. This is because many landlords have the “No Pets” clause.
Things to Consider
Before you move to a rental property, you must consider many things for your safety in the long run. These include:
- You must be very specific about the start and end dates of the tenancy.
- You should check with the landlord how much deposit you must make.
- You must consult with the owner on the many deductions he will make from the deposit at the end of the contract.
- Always read the terms and conditions of the contract thoroughly.
Conclusion- What to Choose?
Both apartment living and home rental have their advantages and disadvantages. It is advisable to consider which one to choose for a prominent living. Furthermore, choose one that suits your requirements if you plan to live in a comfortable environment.
Professional real estate agents like IPS Cambodia can help you find the perfect property. Whether you want to buy a property or just rent one, IPS Cambodia has a huge range of properties listed with them. Therefore, you can choose as per your preference!